

We're trying to find some sort of equilibrium. We've started work again, though not quite in as, errrrm, high a gear? as before. Still, it's a start.
The highlight of our week is usually the couple of trips to buy fruit and veg from the local greengrocers. It's a little bit more expensive than from a supermarket, and a lot more expensive than from the market back in Sunderland. But we're not in Sunderland anymore, and I'd rather pay a little bit more and have stuff in less packaging, some of which has been grown locally, and put my money in the pocket of a village family rather than Tesco or Morrisons. Plus from a purely selfish point of view, like I said above, it's become the focus of our time here! The guy talks to us!
I can't believe how friendly people here are. I'm having to practice smiling and replying when I'm out and about and people make conversation, instead of assuming they'll keep their eyes down and themselves to themselves. The drivers even all stop at the zebra crossing instead of us generally ahvign to wait for about three cars to go past like we did back home.
I miss my friends a lot. But I like it here, I really do.
No comments:
Post a Comment